Software Application Tester
Decision Critical, Inc., a leading provider of web-based solutions for the healthcare industry, is growing and looking for a professional software application tester. The ideal candidate is a strong team-player with a solid understanding of the development life-cycle, excellent communication skills, and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. As a member of our growing team, you will play a key role in driving the technology to maintain our commitment high quality software.
The Software Tester will be a member of our technical team responsible for maintaining and extending Test and Quality Assurance processes. This role is key to ensuring reliability in the ongoing development of our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) web-based application suite. You will work closely with development and system release teams throughout the software life cycle or as a member of a cross-functional team (engineers, testers, support and business people) to validate application behavior and output, co-ordinate test automation, assist in release to production, customer support and other aspects of a small, effective team in a fast-paced environment dedicated to continually improving the customer experience. Customer assistance and support play a large role across members of the team and the ability to communicate with end users is a valuable asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide world class customer service.
- Generation of test planning, test design, test cases and test systems to verify and validate software applications involved in providing Web-based education and competency management services to healthcare professionals.
- Proper planning, tracking and metrics-driven reporting of test activities. Problem reports are submitted and resolutions are verified.
- Work in a small, fast-paced, self-organizing management structure.
- Be peer-motivated, understand software architecture documents, programming and database concepts.
- Communicate clearly with team-members and clients both verbally and in writing, formally and informally.
- Be flexible in responding to changing business environment and changing business requirements.
- The candidate should be comfortable:
- Creating test documents
- Converting requirements in test cases
- Testing applications
- Coordinating and performing multi-user testing
- Experience with Load Testing
- Documenting and analyzing test results
- Coordinating with developers throughout the testing process
- Using automated testing tools
- Understand and be able to address customer questions and concerns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Familiarity with Microsoft programming technologies including .Net Framework, C#, VB.Net, SQL Server, TSQL, IIS, ASP.NET and ASP\VBScript.
- Knowledge of software testing and quality assurance principles, methods, and processes.
- Self motivated contributor with initiative and drive.
- Team player and understands how own work is important to the team’s success.
- Strong integrity and highly reliable contributor.
- Great work ethic focused on project and business success.
- Ability to multitask in an effective and organized manner.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Willing to contribute what it takes to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Accountable for commitments made and scheduled deliverables.
- Dedicated to continual learning and self improvement.
- Willing to take on additional responsibility to ensure team success.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Speaks up and contributes to continuous feedback and improvement efforts.
- Thrives in an environment that fosters constructive debate.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, graduation from technical school, or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 or more years testing experience or similar preferred including test automation.
- Test case and test script development.
- Development of automated test scripts.
- Understanding of Microsoft technologies.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company profit sharing and stock option program
- 401K plan
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Health benefits
- Business casual work environment except when client facing
Travel Expectations: < 5%
This position will be located in our central Austin headquarters office and you may be asked to travel to conferences, client sites or educational seminars.
Apply (please include the following:)